Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hills

Running in Williamsburg is easy compared to Richmond. I never realized how many hills are around my house until I started training near the coast. Hills make me tired much quicker and I am easily overwhelmed by these small mountains. I can always get to the top of the peak, but once I am there I cannot breathe as I am coming back downhill. It usually takes me a longer time to cool myself down after running up a steep incline. I do not like that it makes my downhill experiences less enjoyable. I am SO glad that my race is near a river...meaning that I have already looked at photos from the race and they are all flat. YES!!

I still have not decided whether if I can run this full distance but now with the extra added pressure from my cousin and his wife, who will be running alongside me, I will have a push to finish faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment